Recent Posts

11.08.2011

Catching Up - June/July 2011

I didn't get the fabric for the June bee blocks, which was entirely my own fault, and July was - thankfully - a gap month.

June and July blended into one long and stressful month for me.  I changed jobs abruptly, my car died and I had to buy a new one, I traveled home to see family, and my boyfriend had some upheavals of his own (which are really not mine to share.)  For a stretch of at least a week, neither of us was home, and all of our mail was returned to the senders.  Why didn't you arrange to have it held at the post office, you ask?  Because I didn't think of it.  All of our mail included bills, the new lease for our house, and the terms of the brand new car loan.  It was a mess to straighten out while also trying to get used to a new car and a new job.

During all of this I did manage to apply for Art in the Park, but only because I'd done most of the work in May.  I was accepted, which was a mixed blessing.  The below are the pictures I sent in as part of my application.  Most of them probably look very familiar.





1 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

great finishes, and... yep... still in love with the green quilt! Love how the turquoise sparkles like jewels!

Post a Comment