Recent Posts

6.03.2010

Adventures in Quilting

I thought I would finish the Mediterranean quilt tonight, but it turns out my scribbled calculations went wrong.  I was about 5 inches short on the width for the back!  So I raced back out to grab some additional fabric and while I was out I also picked up a walking foot for my sewing machine.  I'm very excited to use it, but I'm afraid it will have to wait until I have time to add on my additional panel to the backing, cut down the batting, and baste the whole thing together.  At least I now have the binding ready to go - and it should be much quicker to quilt without having to worry so much about it all bunching up as I go.

I've been glancing through a book I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics this weekend called 101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts and as always I have more ideas than time.  I pulled out the colored pencils and charcoal last night so hopefully I'll have wonderfully sketchy pictures to show soon.

3 comments:

Maria said...

The book looks great kerry. I found a real difference using a walking foot :)

Kerry said...

I played around with a little 5 inch square quilt and I couldn't believe the difference!

Julie Rutter said...

I haven't used a walking foot - I've been a bit scared to but I really must be brave and give it a go. I'm not sure how to go about getting one either - I wonder if it needs to be specific to my machine....must find out.
Good luck with yours. I'll look forward to seeind the finished quilt. Juliex

Post a Comment