Recent Posts

5.23.2010

Sunday Inspiration

I often get inspired for quilts (or placemats, or coasters, or anything that can be pieced and quilted) from colors or places.  These pictures are all stolen from the National Geographic website, since I don't go out and take photos.


Wouldn't any of those turrets make a great pattern for a quilt?  I think that a set of place mats or coasters based on them would be so fun!


I don't usually like yellow - I have almost none of it in my wardrobe, but I've been feeling drawn to it lately. I love how the shade of yellow on the chairs contrasts with the gold on their gowns.



How fun are these primary colors against the white of the sand and the blue of the sky?  I can absolutely see a baby quilt based on this picture.


I never think of grey and yellow as going together, but the contrast of the grey roof against the yellow fields here is gorgeous.  I think the balance and the bright white of the house make all the difference.

I don't know if I'll have time to put any of these ideas into practice this week, but I think looking at pictures and figuring out why I'm drawn to them is something that keeps me always crafting.  There is always another idea around the corner!

1 comments:

traceyjay said...

so brilliant!

I am absolutely stealing this idea! :)

Post a Comment